YOU ARE HERE: Building and Zoning > Zoning


From: Charlie Miller, Zoning Enforcement Officer

My name is Charlie Miller and my primary job is to enforce the Norvell Township Zoning Ordinances. I review building site plans and measure and photograph building sites to ensure building projects are the required distance (setback) from property lines. I also patrol the township for violations of our ordinance.

In some instances, where a building permit is not required, a Zoning Compliance Form must be filled out. A compliance form is for small sheds or small projects which do not require an actual building permit because no footing or foundation is needed.

A compliance form is needed to check the setback distances. I also enforce the junk ordinance, inoperable unlicensed vehicles, and dilapidated buildings ordinance.

In addition, I am also the FEMA representative for the township. Please call me if you have questions regarding the flood plain or how to obtain an elevation certificate for your property.

I also assign new addresses for building purposes.

Visit our forms page for a complete listing or go directly to the following forms: Address Application FormZoning Compliance Permit, Zoning Ordinance

To view all Norvell Township Inspectors, click here.


HomeElected OfficialsBuilding & ZoningAgenda & MinutesFormsPermitsCalendarPersonnelAbout UsContact
* Website Disclaimer *
Norvell Township
106 E. Commercial Street, P.O. Box 188, Norvell, MI 49263
Phone: (517) 536-4370 -- Fax: (517) 536-0110
Copyright © 2013 - All rights reserved.
Designed by: Hawthorne Software Engineering